The student news site of Bishop McCort High School

Lucas Walkowski (’12)

This week, we investigated the busy life of alumnus Lucas Walkowski from the Bishop McCort class of 2012.

Walkowski departed Bishop McCort High School in 2012 with an impressive record. Primarily, the tie aficionado dedicated the bulk of his time to the school’s theatre department, earning paramount recognition for his role as the Lion in McCort’s rendition of the Wizard of Oz. At the same time, Walkowski served as the Student Council’s treasurer, and upon graduation, the young scholar was also recognized for academic achievement, graduating among the top ten in his class.

In the fall of 2012, Walkowski began his post-secondary education at the University of Pittsburgh’s College of Business Administration. While there, he pursued a bachelor’s degree in marketing. His college experience included a semester abroad, during which he took his studies to the United Kingdom and worked for Jaguar in London. Though unrelated to his formal education, Walkowski spent about a month in Ecuador for an internship. He graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 2016, accepting his bachelor’s degree in marketing.

Walkowski is currently employed by a marketing firm in Newark, New Jersey. In the coming years, the young adult plans to earn a master’s degree in marketing, while advancing within the ranks of his current workplace. Walkowski also hopes to continue traveling throughout his professional career.

Walkowski’s advice for current students: travel. “Choosing to take my education abroad was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It really opened up my mind, and changed the way that I see the world. Everyone should definitely look for opportunities abroad, whether educational or professional.”

McCort Mirror • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in