The student news site of Bishop McCort High School

JT Durica (’16)

This week, we met with John Taylor Durica on his return home for spring break.

Durica, better known as “JT,” graduated from Bishop McCort High School in 2016. An all-star both in the classroom and on the field, Durica earned state-wide recognition for his careers in both track and soccer, in addition to also graduating in the top ten of his class.

Currently, Durica attends Coastal Carolina University in Conway, South Carolina. The young scholar is in pursuit of a degree in marine biology, a subject that has excited him for as long as he can remember. In addition to his studies, Durica remains active on campus. In fact, the student-athlete established a recreational volleyball program during his first semester in South Carolina. One of Durica’s favorite things about his new home is the school’s proximity to the beach, for it allows him unique educational and recreational opportunities.

JT is moving full-speed toward success. He plans to graduate within the next year and a half, despite the fact that this is his first year in college. Following graduation, the future marine biologist plans to attend graduate school, though he has not announced any specific destinations. Along the way, he also wants to find a job relevant to his interests and spend some time traveling.

JT’s advice for current students: don’t be shy. “Put yourself out there in college, and start making connections. If there’s something you’re interested in, give it a try; you may find that you really like it or that you actually hate it. Finding your interests early could could save you a lot of stress in the long run. Plus, making connections with people can help you get jobs, internships, and other opportunities in the future.”

McCort Mirror • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in