The student news site of Bishop McCort High School

Billy Wilson (’16)

This week, we caught up with 2016 graduate, Billy Wilson.Wilson, brother to two other McCort students of past and present, graduated in Bishop McCort’s class of 2016. In high school, the student-athlete earned a reputation for his extraordinary athletic career. He served as captain of the soccer team in the fall, dunked on unwitting opponents on the basketball court in the winter, and pitched for the varsity baseball team. As a senior, he led the soccer team to a state semi-final finish and the baseball team to a state final finish. Wilson graduated with a collection of six district medals.

Nowadays, Wilson can be found in Washington, D.C., where he studies at the Catholic University of America. Currently, he is in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in marketing. At the same time, he has undertaken roles in campus clubs, such as Toastmasters, The College of Republicans, and The Marketing Club.

In the coming years, Wilson plans to build on his marketing skills. He hopes to “find a good job in sales/marketing and hopefully later pursue a master’s degree in marketing.”

Wilson’s advice for current students: “Pursue your passion, rather than what you think will make you the most money, and take advantage of any opportunity that may be put in front of you throughout your career.”

McCort Mirror • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in