The student news site of Bishop McCort High School

Nicholas Spinelli (’16)

This week, we met with Bishop McCort High School’s 2016 alumnus, Nicholas Spinelli.

Spinelli graduated with the class of 2016, leaving behind brother and current junior Anthony Spinelli, as well as soccer coach Ron Spinelli. The graduate’s high school career was rich with success both on the field and in the community. As the soccer team’s goalkeeper and captain, he led his peers to three district titles and in his senior year, the PIAA state semi-finals. At the same time, he was deeply involved with the Cambria County Republican Committee and held a unique position as a student leader.

Spinelli is now attending the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. for his undergraduate education. He is a finance major in the university’s school of business. In college, Spinelli is continuing his political and community work. The business student, along with fellow crusher Bill Wilson, will soon be traveling to Santa Monica, California with a few other colleagues to compete in a business ethics competition.

In the coming years, Spinelli hopes to attend law school. Plus, he could potentially work with the Johnstown city government, as the young Republican is currently campaigning for a position.

Spinelli had some unique advice for current students. He says, “Do your math homework. I hated it in high school, but I would be much better off if I had done it.”

McCort Mirror • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in