The student news site of Bishop McCort High School

AUNNA YINGLING senior

This senior transferred from Westmont High School to McCort for her sophomore year. She easily adapted to her new surroundings because of her outgoing personality. Since coming to McCort, she has been a member of many clubs and sports, which include; French Club, National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta, basketball, cross country, and track. She stopped running cross country and track to focus more on her career in basketball. As a result, she helped lead the girls’ basketball team to districts for three consecutive years and most importantly, to state runner-up in the 2016-2017 basketball playoffs in Hershey.

When asked about her highlights in her short high school years, she was able to come up with many. Some include cheering in the student sections, hanging out with her friends, winning districts for three years in a row, and going to the basketball state championship at Hershey. She enjoyed every second at McCort and made the most out of her time.

After Yingling graduates high school, she is going to be sent out across the country for Army Reserves. Here, she will be in boot camp training for the military for six months. When she returns, Aunna will be starting her college career at Westminster College for the spring semester of the 2017-2018 school year. Her intended major is biology. After college, she plans on becoming an Emergency Room Doctor; however, she has no plan for where she will be living.

Her advice for current and future students at McCort is “Work hard during the week and enjoy the weekend. Do not waste your time doing nothing because you will regret that decision.”

McCort Mirror • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in