McCort Mirror

McCort Hockey Update

Phil Russo and Tanner Thomas

The Bishop McCort hockey team who are currently 7-0 traveled three hours to Wheeling,West Virginia on Monday, November 27 to play Wheeling Central Catholic High Maroon Knights 8-2. The Knights, Clay Slyder came out strong and scored first in the 1st period. But Aliaksei Kostserau for the Crushers scored a quick one to tie it up moments after. Later in the first period, Chase Edgerton for Central Catholic scored which gave Central a 2-1 lead going into the second period. The Crushers came out strong after the first intermission. Aliakse Kosterau for the Crushers scored 2 quick goals to accomplish a hat-trick and to take the lead. Later in the period Crusher, Matsvei Kurylovich scored a goal to take the lead by two. In the third period Chase Kelly for Wheeling Central scored a goal to cut the Crushers lead in half however; McCort was out skating the Knights late in the third and because of that they were rewarded the 4-3 win.

On November 30, the Crushers went up against West Allegheny. Shane Nolan for Allegheny scored the first goal in the first period followed by Nicholas Bandi which gave West Allegheny a 2-0 lead over the crushers. Late in the first period Matsvei Kurylovich scored a goal to cut the to just one. At the start of the second period Nicholas Bandi scored another goal for West Allegheny to make the score 3-1. Matsvei scored two goals in under thirty seconds to tie the game up at 3-3. A minute later Alex Templin for Bishop McCort scored to give the Crushers a 4-3 lead.  The Crushers controlled the third period and scored two more goals from Bryce Bair and Brett Seitz to take home the 6-3 win.