McCort Mirror

Musical Preview

Mattie Updyke, Writer

Musical season has come upon Bishop McCort High School once again! We are officially six weeks out from the first performance April 12th, and the drama club is slowly but surely putting the finishing touches on this year’s production of “Fiddler on the Roof.”

The show, set in Russia during the early 20th century, is about one Jewish village’s struggle against the changes of time. In the village of Anatevka, milkman Tevye, his wife Golde (Jordan Thomas), and their five daughters (Apryl Bambino, Haley Cannada, Cassady Tercek, Lauren Pursel, and Victoria Delich) live in simple peace and harmony within their poor village. Tevye, played by Noah Hughes, grapples with his daughters growing up and becoming wives themselves, as well as the ever-looming presence of the Russian Tzar over the head of the village, shown through the Russians and Constable often found lingering throughout the town. The village of Anatevka features many characters such as Yente the matchmaker (Delaney Leis), Motel Kamzoil (Adrian Onguda), a poor tailor, and Perchik (Shawn Manges), a scholar and Bolshevik revolutionary residing in the town.

The cast has been dutifully preparing for the show, with Saturday rehearsals coming into full swing starting last week. Costuming, choreography, and chaos abound as the time until the show ticks down closer and closer.

Our production of “Fiddler on the Roof” runs April 12,13 and 14. Tickets can be purchased at the door or bought from the main office. As the good book says, buy your tickets before its too late!